Vienna, Wines and truffle since 1885
The building that is home to Procacci Vienna is located in the heart of the city and is the work of the famous architect Joseph Kornhäusel, who built it in his typical neo-classical style, dating back to the beginning of the 1800's. The mansion still today belongs to the Benedictine Monastery of Göttweig.
In the past it was used as a living space, besides as a residence, by the Monastery's abbot, according to the precepts of the Benedictine Regula, which constituted for many centuries the most followed model of monastic practice in the west. In it San Benedetto of Norcia describes the community of monks as a family which lived in a sort of villa-monastery under the guidance of the abbot.
Franz Schubert (1797-1828), one of the most well-known composers and musicians in the world, also stayed in this residence with his friend Franz von Schober between 1822 and 1823, and at that time composed one of his most famous masterpieces, “Symphony in B Minor”.
This restaurant and wine bar offers 80 seats inside, 50 outside; as well as the refectory, which is available for private events with seating for up to 50 people.
The recipes, prepared with specially selected seasonal ingredients, are offered in combination with a wide array of wines, many of which come from the Antinori family's estates.
Tradition and modernity are the principal elements which characterize this place and the specialties originating in its kitchen, rich in typical Tuscan dishes, revisited by expert chefs.
In the delicatessen it is possible to buy some of Procacci's truffle-based specialties, such as the extra virgin olive oil, the butter, and the sauce, together with other Tuscan gastronomic delicacies such as honey and fruit jams which are specially cultivated.